- What was the purpose of the site?
- Who was my main audience?
- What elements were particularly important?
My answers drove her quest:
- To provide support materials for the units being covered in class.
- My students.
- Mobile-friendly materials that could be accessed by students on their long service bus journeys or when they had nothing better to do with their smart phones.
Her first visualisation was a tree, symbolising education, with wi-fi signals coming from it. The tree then underwent many transformations, but something wasn't quite "it". The design felt too complicated. I mentioned that I had read that a logo should be simple enough for a child to draw.
Then after our semester break, she returned with what you see here. The elements of education and web-friendly are packaged in a simple, easy-to-draw manner.
What was her motivation? Just to do something that was creative and meaningful for someone else. It is.
Thank you Alara. Now I need to make my website worthy of such a logo.